Free School Meals Application
FREE SCHOOL MEALS
If you find your family circumstances have changed recently you may wish to consider applying for Free School Meals under Durham County Council’s application process. Pupils in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 currently receive free meals due to the government’s Universal Free School Meal Scheme however they are also available to children whose parents claim certain benefits. Even if your child currently receives the Universal Free meal allocation you can still apply for Free School Meals and this brings additional funding in to school known as pupil premium.
We can do a very quick eligibility check via Durham County Council. If you are eligible it would give you access to free school meals (in school when school is open or via the voucher system which is presently in operation due to the Coronavirus).
In order to do this, we require some simple information.
Any child may qualify for a free school meal if you receive one of the following benefits:
- Universal Credit with an annual earnings threshold that does not exceed £7,400.
- Income Support.
- Income Based Jobseekers Allowance.
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance.
- Child Tax Credit (provided a parent is not entitled to Working Tax Credit) and have an annual income, as assessed by Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs, that does not exceed £16,190.
- Working Tax Credit run on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit.
- Guaranteed Element of State Pension Credit.
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999.
Please complete the claim form which is in our newsletter section and return electronically to
If you experience any problems completing the form, please contact Mrs Barker using the school email address and she will arrange to ring you to assist.
Further information can be found at: