Welcome to Class 1 2019 - 2020 with our EYFS team; Mrs Priestley, Mrs Chapman and Miss Stafford. We have lots of exciting plans for the year ahead and will share the children's learning and experiences with you on our class page as well as during 'Stay and Play' sessions, Parent Workshops, and through sharing the children's 'Learning Journals'. Most recent photographs and work will always be at the top of the page. Watch out for links to websites that we use in class, with fun, educational games that the children can access at home to support them with their learning. Enjoy!
Weekly Routines in Class 1 - Important Information
- Your child will have PE twice a week. We ask that they keep their PE kit in school with plimsolls, navy/black shorts, yellow t-shirt and some spare underwear in-case of accidents.
- Children need to bring a school bag or backpack to school with them every day. This will be used to transport reading books, homework, letters etc.
- Reading books will be changed at least once a week so please send your child's reading book and reading record into school each day. Children start on picture books and progress onto phonics first readers and 'Oxford Reading Tree'/'Hero Academy' scheme books. Please write a comment in the reading record each time you read with your child. Tips for parents are stuck in the front and back of your child's reading record.
- Once your child starts to bring home a blue Word Book, please practice with them as often as possible. This will support them with early blending and segmenting skills to enable them to read words independently using phonic skills.
- Can all children bring a pair of wellington boots with their name written inside, to keep in school. This will allow us to access our outdoor area whatever the weather. Children will need hats/gloves in the winter months and sun cream and a cap in the summer.
- If you have any queries or concerns we operate an open door policy. Please call in to see your child's teacher at the beginning or end of the school day. Alternatively phone school to make an appointment at a time that suits you.
Our trip to Beamish Museum
The Three Billy Goats Gruff
Goldilocks and The Three Bears