All pupils follow the Early Years Foundation Stage and National Curriculum at a level and a pace that is appropriate to their abilities. Our SEND philosophy places SEND children at the heart of personalised learning and our curriculum is tailored to meet individual pupils needs. At times and when it is felt appropriate, modifications to the curriculum may be implemented. To successfully match pupil ability to the curriculum at St Mary's RCVA Primary School we remain committed to:
- A range of teaching and learning styles, included within the quality teaching children receive in their class.
- Differentiated learning materials and activities
- Access to ICT and Technology
- Additional in class support
- Additional out of class support including interventions
- Many Enrichment and Enjoyment opportunities to stimulate and motivate learning
- Flexible groupings – including small group support work
- An innovative and supportive curriculum
- The appropriate use of rewards and sanctions
- A broad range of extra-curricular activities
- Assessment procedures that emphasise pupils’ strengths and achievements, and targets that are personalised for pupils with SEND
- Applications during national testing at Key Stage 1, Key Stage 2 and Year 1 phonics testing to obtain access arrangements and additional time as appropriate
- Access to specialist advice and guidance through referral process, which can include specialist provision
- Inclusion in many enrichment and enjoyment activities eg. Visitor workshops, trips etc
More details on how we adapt information, our environment and curriculum can be found in the Accessibility Plan which you ca find in the School Policies section of our website.